Cricut Design Space was the most logical place to start. Since I purchased the Cricut Explore Air™ Gold (which comes with additional resources in its bundle), I wanted to make sure I received the additional 3 month subscription to Cricut Access. Not seeing any instructions on how to complete this task, I clicked on the “Help” button in the lower left-hand corner which connected me to here. I scrolled to the bottom and clicked on “Let’s Chat.” I chatted (through messaging in the new window) with the service representative and explained what I was looking for. She was very nice. She asked that I email her a picture of my receipt and she would forward to the appropriate department. Within 24 hours, my account subscription had been extended! (Found by clicking on your name in upper left-hand corner, then click on Cricut Access.)
To browse the images in Design Space included in the Gold collection (along with cartridges you’ve purchased), follow these clicks:
- File (top bar)
- New (from File drop down)
- Insert Image (top square in dark gray bar on left side of space) – Here you can see All Images or sort by Categories or Cartridges.
- Click on Cartridges.
- Click on the picture of a funnel to the right of the search box to Filter.
- Click the box next to Purchased.
Now that I had my subscription set-up and I had lots of time (lol) to view the bazillion projects and images available, I started poking around. Wow, was I overwhelmed! I suspect that you are only limited by your imagination when it comes to using Cricut Design Space, but it doesn’t feel as intuitive as I had hoped. Luckily, Cricut emails you tons of ideas, tutorials, and helpful links!
Here’s a few video references I’ve found useful on YouTube:
- Official Cricut – lots of ideas and tutorials
- The Crafty Blog Stalker – Cricut tutorials along with lots of crafty ideas
- AuntieTay – tons of Cricut ideas
- Kampjo – fewer videos but well done
- Lorrie Nunemaker – ideas ideas ideas!
- Melody Lane – so much energy, you can’t help but be inspired!
- Debbie ONeal – ideas plus Design Space tutorials