This post contains affiliate links. See affiliate disclaimer here.
I purchased my first set of cartridges for my Cricut and I had to figure out how to link them to Design Space! Here’s how it came about… I’ve been slooooowly learning more about my Cricut. (Real life grown-up stuff seems to get in the way of my playtime!) On January 18, I received an email from Cricut telling me all about their special Mystery Box! Since I could get about $140 worth of goodies for about $35, I thought, “Why not?” My Cricut Explore Air™ is something I really really really want to learn to use (and play with), so by investing a little cash into it, that will “make” me make time for it… at least that’s my philosophy!
So, each month, Cricut puts a Mystery Box for sale in its shop – it’s not a subscription. It will have a surprise assortment of items and it’s different each month. It will have a wide range of items from their stock, but not always specific to paper crafts. They sell out fast because it’s such a great deal, so I’m thrilled that I was able to purchase one! Apparently, the January Mystery Box that I received was slightly different from others. (I guess I received the second January Mystery Box…?!) Anyway, I was glad to receive one. 🙂
The January 2017 Cricut Mystery Box that I received included:
- Multi Pen Set, Gold
- Cricut® Silver Marker
- Cricut® Gold Marker
- Cricut® Vinyl Bronze
- Cricut® Vinyl Platinum
- Cricut® Gold Vinyl
- Cricut® Silver Vinyl
- Spring Fling Cartridge
- Anna Griffin® Seasonal Soirees Cartridge
- Simple Holiday Cards Cartridge
These were the first cartridges that I had purchased. Now I had to figure out how to link them to my account! Please note: cartridges cannot be linked through the Cricut Design Space iOS App at this time, but once they’re linked, you can use them within your account through the app.
Here’s how to link cartridges to Cricut Design Space™:
- Make sure your machine is powered on. For best results, connect your machine to the computer via USB cable.
- Sign in to Design Space.
- Click the green Account Menu box in the upper left corner of Cricut Design Space and choose “Link Cartridges” from the menu.
- Once Design Space has detected your machine, insert your cartridge into the cartridge port above the “Open” button on the machine, and follow the on-screen prompts.
It’s that easy!
To access your cartridges in Design Space, follow these steps:
- Log in to Design Space.
- Click File, then New.
- Click Insert Images.
- Click Cartridges (upper left hand corner).
- Click the Filter icon (to the right of the search bar) and check the box marked “Purchased.”
Hope this information has helped! I’m still a “newbie” Cricut user, but I really want to learn! I hope you’ll join me as I continue my learning journey. If there’s something specific you’d like to learn about, please feel free to comment below.