This is one of our favorite Sugar Cookie recipes. Unfortunately, it’s filled with sugar, oil, and butter – which, of course, led us to rename them “Bad for You Sugar Cookies.” Boy, are they yummy! So, we only make them during the holiday season and give them away (at least a few of them) to family and friends. Moderation is the key 🙂 Enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- various colored sugars (optional)
- Cream butter. (Beat until nice and fluffy.)
- Gradually add oil.
- Continue mixing after each addition: add sugar, eggs, vanilla, and pudding mix.
- Sift dry ingredients together. Then add to oil mixture and blend well.
- Drop on to ungreased cookie sheet.
- Gently press down a glass tumble dipped in colored sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes.