Holidays mean yummy treats from my mom-in-law’s kitchen like this Snickerdoodle Cookie recipe! She was kind enough to share her recipe. I’m hoping that it will inspire you (& me 🙂 ) to make some of these scrumptious cookies! Enjoy!
- 1 cup soft shortening
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Cream shortening. Add sugar slowly. Add eggs.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cream of tarter, and salt.
- Mix in to shortening mixture.
- Roll in to 1" balls and roll in sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.