Here’s a family favorite: Grandma Jennie’s Cheese Ball. Jennie is my mom-in-law and one of those amazing cooks. I remember the first time I had a taste of her cheese ball… more than 25 years ago! I just couldn’t get enough! Even though I occasionally make it (and it tastes yummy), mine is never as “pretty” as hers. Maybe I just need more practice! This makes a flavorful appetizer for any get together.
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 small bag chipped beef, cut up into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp Accent
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Beat the softened cream cheese.
- Mix in the Accent and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the chipped beef and green onions.
- Form into ball and place in refrigerator until firm.
- Roll in pecans (or additional chipped beef if preferred).
- Serve with a variety of crackers.
I usually double this recipe, but then use only about 1 1/2 Tbsp of Accent.