Looking for something easy to make on a cold winter night? Look no further than this hearty and easy Chicken Casserole! My mom used to make this for us when I was growing up. It brings back fond memories of family time around the kitchen table.
- 6 slices fresh bread cubed
- 2 cans chicken & noodle soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 chicken cut up
- 1 can mushrooms (optional)
- 1 jar sliced pimentos
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 stick butter, melted
- crushed crackers or corn flakes
- Grease dish.
- Mix everything together except butter and crackers.
- Sprinkle crackers over casserole.
- Pour melted butter on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
I've been known to use cooked canned chicken, although a rotisserie chicken adds even more flavor. Also, I like to use Ritz crackers on top, but adds calories.