Life is about caring for each other, having fun through play, and learning something in the process! PeaceOfMyDay.com is where I sort through my day – from caregiving tips to activities with the grandkids, from sharing my “grown-up” experience to my struggles with learning something new.
My goal for each day is to “live in the present.” (I have to remind myself often!) It seems to be the best way for me to deal with the stress and anxiety that comes with life.
I’m part of the “sandwich” generation (or maybe it’s called the “club sandwich” generation?). Hubby and I help our widowed mothers, but also spend a lot of time with our grandkids.
I’m blessed to be able to help my mom. I’m so grateful to God for placing us 10+ years ago in a house across the street from my childhood home! It’s convenient and I’m available to her at any time, day or night. I was available to help her take Dad to several doctors’ appointments and chemotherapy during his last year with us.
Hubby and I are lucky to be able to help daughter #1 with her children. Grandchildren are such a blessing! Of course, mine are perfect! To my grandchildren, we are “Papaw” and “Nana” – because our mothers are “Grandma.” Daughter #2 only lives four hours away with her family, so we can visit without plane fare. Yay!
My past careers have included financial adviser and estate planning consultant, special projects coordinator for a wholesale arts and crafts supplier, retail sales, administrative assistant, and college student.
A few more thoughts “about me:”
- I’m a wife, mother, sister, daughter, and Nana.
- I love trying different “artsy & craftsy” techniques, materials, and ideas.
- I enjoy sewing for my grandkids, when I can find the time.
- I like to upcycle – creating new usable items from old.
- I want to learn to quilt, crochet, and knit.
- I have started many DIY projects.
- I prefer to wear tennis shoes.
- I play World of Warcraft and have made friends from all over the world.
- I binge watch Netflix, usually (hopefully) while working on projects.
- I tend to be good at a lot of different things, but still searching for the one thing I’m great at… although I am a great audience participant, because I love to be entertained!
We are the sum total of our experiences. Sharing those experiences with others may offer insight and self-improvement. Live in the present, enjoy life through play, and continuously learn. I hope to inspire and entertain you. Think happy thoughts!